Information for families with children returning to schoolBack
The government has said that primary school children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 will return to school from Monday 1st June. Children in nursery will also return. We understand our families have questions and concerns about safety. We hope our FAQs help.
Which children can return to school?
Children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 will return to school from Monday 1st June.
Will children return full time?
No. Classes will only have a maximum of 10 children, therefore we’re having to change the way we work and spread out more. This means we have limited space. Because of this, children will return ‘part time’.
We will contact families directly to let them know when they can attend.
We will continue to provide full-time provision for the children of key workers and vulnerable children. They will be in separate classrooms.
Will children mix together?
No. Children will be placed into groups – a maximum of 10 children per group. They will be assigned a classroom and won’t mix with other groups.
Within their classroom, desks and workstations will be distanced and they will sit apart.
How are you preparing to open to more children?
We’re taking a number of steps to make sure we can open as safely as possible. Our school is being deep cleaned over half term.
- We’ve installed sanitiser/handwashing stations in all of our classrooms
- We have no-touch thermometers
- We have put up signs to remind children to wash their hands
- Our corridors have signs to support children moving around the school safely - there will be a one-way system
- PPE is available for staff providing personal care/for medical emergencies
How will drop off/collecting children work?
Parents should make sure they are social distancing when collecting and dropping children off - there will be markers indicating 2m. Only one parent should accompany their child to and from school, including year 6.
- Nursery children will enter and exit the school from the rear, near the Cabin
- Reception children will enter school via the normal start and finish gate
- Year 1 children will enter and exit via the staff car park entrance
- Year 6 children will enter the school premises from the emergency entrance
How will you care for my child in the classroom?
- Children will be in familiar rooms, with teachers/support staff and pupils they know
- Each class will have no more than 10 children – they will stay within this group
- Groups of children won’t mix
- Desks and workstations will be spaced apart
- Assemblies will delivered in classrooms
- All soft toys will be removed, as these are difficult to clean regularly
- Children will move around the school by using outdoor space, as much as possible
- All tables will be cleaned between each session/break/lunch
- Stationary will be provided by the school and won’t be shared
- There will be limited use of exercise books - if they can’t be cleaned then children will use paper
Will you provide lunch for my child?
Yes, all children will have lunch provided. They will eat this within their group in a designated area of the lunch hall. Classrooms will be cleaned at lunch.
Will my child be able to play outside?
There will be staggered break times, during this time children will stay with their group. Children will wash their hands after spending time outside.
Does my child need to wear uniform?
Children don’t need to wear their ties, but we would like them to wear their uniforms.
Does my child need their PE kit?
No, they won’t need their PE kit.
What will my child be learning?
Your child will continue to learn science, maths, English and the wider curriculum. We have lessons planned to minimise moving around their classroom, sharing equipment etc.
How are you protecting your teaching team?
Our teaching teams will be regularly washing their hands, using sanitiser and social distancing. PPE will also be available for staff who are providing personal care or dealing with a medical emergency.
Will the school be cleaned more often?
Yes. Throughout the day we will be significantly increasing our cleaning. This will include:
- All touchpoints - e.g. books, desks, chairs, doors, sinks and light switches
- Emptying bins
- Tables and other surfaces
- The school will also be deep cleaned weekly.