Early Years Foundation Stage
Our Nursery follows the EYFS curriculum as outlined in the 2021 statutory framework of the EYFS.
The EYFS framework includes seven areas of learning and development that are equally important and inter-connected. However, three areas known as the prime areas are seen as particularly important for igniting curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building children’s capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive.
The prime areas are:
- Communication and language (Listening, attention and understanding; Speaking)
- Personal, social and emotional development (Self-regulation; managing self; building relationships)
- Physical development (Gross motor skills; fine motor skills)
The prime areas are strengthened and applied through four specific areas:
- Literacy (comprehension, word reading, writing)
- Mathematics (number, numerical patterns)
- Understanding the world (past and present, people, culture and communities, the natural world)
- Expressive arts and design (creating with materials, being imaginative and expressive)