The admission to reception applications closed on Saturday 15th January 2022. However, late applications can still be made by completing an application form.
When does your child start school?
- If your child was born between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018, they are due to start school in reception class in the school year starting September 2021. Children must be offered a full-time place from September 2022.
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
- You will need to make an application for a reception class place, even if your child currently attends a nursery class at the same school.
- Attendance at a nursery attached to a school, does not normally give you any priority for a place at that school
First admission to school timetable for September 2022 entry
- Round opens - 27th September 2021
- Round closes - 15th January 2022
- National Offer Day when school place decisions are made available - 19th April 2022
- Appeals closing date - 13th May 2022
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 20th May 2022
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2022
- Waiting lists maintained until the 31st December 2022
First admission to school timetable for September 2023 entry
- Round opens - 26th September 2022
- Round closes - 15th January 2023
- National Offer Day when school place decisions are made available - 17th April 2023
- Appeals closing date - 12th May 2023
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 20th May 2023
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2023
- Waiting lists maintained until the 31st December 2023